• March 4, 2015

Troopers investigate two car crash north of Millsboro - The Star Democrat - Easton, Maryland: Delaware

Troopers investigate two car crash north of Millsboro

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:01 pm

Millsboro, DE - The Delaware State Police is investigating a two vehicle crash that occurred north of Millsboro yesterday morning.

The incident occurred around 11:25 a.m. as Eula M. B. Graves was operating a 2007 Chrysler 300 westbound on Avenue of Honor approaching the intersection with US113. Graves failed to stop at the stop sign controlling the intersection with US113 northbound and then proceeded through the stop sign controlling the intersection with US113 southbound where she struck the rear driver’s side of a 2005 Dodge Magnum being operated by a 16 year old female. The impact caused the Chrysler to rotate counter-clockwise and continue westbound before striking a utility pole causing it to break and bring the power lines down across the road. The Chrysler, which was carrying gas cans, then became engulfed in flames. The Dodge was pushed in a clockwise manner and came to a stop south of the impact in the center median.

Graves, who was properly restrained, was assisted out of her vehicle after the crash and transported by EMS to Beebe Medical Center where she was admitted for non-life-threatening injuries. She was cited for Failure to Stop at a Stop Sign, Failure to Yield the Right of Way, and No Proof of Insurance.

The 16 year old female, who was properly restrained, was removed from the scene by EMS and transported to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital where she was treated and released with non-life-threatening injuries. It was determined through the investigation that the 16 year old had taken the vehicle from a relative without permission and did not possess a valid license to drive. Troopers charged her with Theft of a Motor Vehicle and Driving Without a Valid License. She was arraigned at JP3 and released to the custody of a parent pending a hearing in Family Court.

US113 southbound was closed for approximately three hours as the crash was investigated, cleared, and utility crews worked to repair the damaged pole.

More about

More about

More about

More about

Welcome to the discussion.


Featured Ads