CHURCH HILL — Church Hill Theatre is seeking directors for its 2020 season.
The plays have been chosen, and now the company is reaching out to the community to find artists to help bring these shows to life.
Directors are needed for:
• “Other Desert Cities” by Jon Robin Baitz, Jan. 17 to Feb. 2
• “The Philadelphia Story” by Philip Barry, March 20 to April 5
• “Into the Woods” music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, book by James Lapine, June 5 to 21
• “The Outgoing Tide” by Bruce Graham, Sept. 11 to 27
• “Last of the Red Hot Lovers” by Neil Simon, Nov. 6 to 22
Production slots have some flexibility except for “Into the Woods.”
Interested individuals can submit a proposal to Church Hill Theatre’s executive manager, Hester Sachse. Proposals must include a resume of theatrical and directorial experience, including credits and training. The applicant also should include a brief description of why they wish to direct at Church Hill Theatre.
Each potential director will be considered for all 2020 productions but should indicate their preferences of titles and any conflicts. Only one proposal needs to be submitted per individual.
A committee established by the CHT Board of Directors will review the applications and may contact the applicants for additional information. Directors’ proposals are due no later than Aug. 30 and should be submitted directly to Sachse. Selected directors will be notified by Sept. 15.