ST. MICHAELS — A fire Thursday night, Sept. 19, damaged a building on Madison Avenue.

According to a press release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal, embers from a cooking grill started the fire, reported at 8:05 p.m., in a 1½-story, wood-framed, detached out-building at 234 Madison Ave.

Fire marshals said 36 firefighters from the St. Michaels Fire Department responded and had the fire under control in 35 minutes.

Fire marshals estimated the damages at $35,000 to the structure and $20,000 to its contents.

The owners of the building were identified as Larry and Sharon Poore.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.